Can I apply for a joint bankruptcy in England if I live in Canada?

If you live in Canada and meet the two main criteria for bankruptcy (see Can I go bankrupt in England from Canada) you can file bankruptcy in England as a couple.

The main thing to understand is that there is no such thing as a joint bankruptcy apart from the fact that both bankruptcies would be presented to the Court at the same time. When a person files for bankruptcy there is always an individual set of paperwork for each person. There is also an individual Court fee of £700 per person.

Both bankruptcies would be handled together by the Official Receiver, as when a couple file for bankruptcy there is normally a joint income and expenditure; in most cases the two people will live in the same household.

If you need to file a joint bankruptcy in England from Canada our company can provide all of the assistance that you require. Our overseas bankruptcy service from Canada will provide all of the assistance and support that you require-both before and after the bankruptcy has been filed at Court.

If you are looking for a foreign bankruptcy service from Canada please complete our short enquiry form and an experienced advisor will be in contact to discuss your circumstances. If you just need some initial advice on declaring bankruptcy in England from Canada we offer a free consultation which is designed to make sure this is the best option for you-we never pressure people to make a decision and always work in your best interest.